Service Technician III -
Performs general and specialized maintenance and repairs in a multifamily residential community. Operates building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housing’s quality standards. This role may include "Lead" responsibilities which, on occasion includes supervising or training other maintenance staff members. This role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties include (but not limited to):
* With minimal guidance, performs most maintenance installation repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of building systems and appliances or all repairs on specific systems, including, plumbing, HVAC, structural and electrical.
* Tests and/or troubleshoots a variety of items dependent on specific trade expertise (e.g., thermocouples, motors, boiler controls, fire alarms, plumbing valves, fixtures, water lines, alarms, locks, new and renovated construction) for the purpose of assessing item functioning and recommending repair or replacement.
* Applies proficient skills in all trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, appliance repair, etc. to ensure quality maintained homes and community.
* With minimal direction, completes resident-requested repairs and services within the required time frame (24 hours).
* Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
* Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls.
* Participates in routine inspections (including QC, move in, preventative maintenance, machinery, appliance, etc.).
* Performs general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, etc.
* Trains or guides other maintenance team members in performing skilled tasks for the purpose of providing support to workers developing their knowledge of specific skills with trade.
* On occasion, may lead or supervise other maintenance team members in the absence of management.
* Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
* Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
* Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
* Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident functions, seminars, training and work related events.
* Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
* Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces. Typical responsibilities include: Troubleshoot, repair and install new electrical fixtures, switches, breakers, and receptacles; Prepare and finish all interior and exterior surfaces; move, install, replace household appliances; install, repair, and replace drywall, counters and cabinetry. Train or lead other maintenance staff members in their duties.