Medical Staff Coordinator
THIS IS AN INTERIM ASSIGNMENT (2-3 MONTHS)
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Medical Staff Services manager provides overall management of the Department and coordinates Medical Staff support services for administrative, secretarial and clerical functions. The manager administers department operations effectively to ensure that all functions are performed accurately, thoroughly and on time.
Responsibilities include the preparation of all official administrative documents, special reports and documents for Medical Staff, Attorneys, and Board of Directors (i.e. Health Facilities Reporting Forms, Physicians' Privileges Sheets, status of Compliance with the Consolidated Accreditation and Licensing Survey Recommendations.) Responsible for physician relations, relationships, compliance and EOW for MD's. Develops, maintains, organizes and provides physician orientation and mentoring.
Requires 24/7 responsibility.
Organize and coordinate Medical Staff functions
* Assure follow-up and continuity between Committees, Departments and Medical Staff leadership. Meet
with Medical Staff leadership to assure coordination of leadership matters and support continuity of items
for MEC review.
* Oversee the credentialing function of the Medical Staff including: practitioner initial appointments,
reappointments, Allied Health Professionals, proctoring and privileging.
* Assure information flow to Medical Executive Committee.
* Maintain Medical Staff funds, budget and accounts. Assess, and collect dues, prepare deposits and
disbursements. Prepare reports on budgetary performance
* Coordinate and document special Medical Staff meetings, such as investigations.
* Provide education and guidance regarding regulatory matters when necessary (TJC, CMS, etc.)
- Work with the Medical Staff President in order to oversee Medical Staff issues, support patient and MD
satisfaction and other Leadership initiatives
* Organize Medical Staff social affairs
* Facilitate and coordinate Medical Staff communications.
* Lead Physician Satisfaction analysis and development of action plans in conjunction with COS, MEC and
* Manage Non Monetary Compensation (NMC) log and program.
* Other duties as may be assigned
CPCS or CPMSM certification highly desired. Required within one year of employment.
Prior experience as a Medical Staff manager or supervisor required
Bachelor's in Health Care or related field required (Master's desired)
Job Status: Full Time